Monday, July 23, 2012

Mother's Day and Father's Day 2012


As usual, I am so far behind on my blogging that I barely remember what all happened on these days but thank goodness I have pictures to tell the story.  I do remember that Reese had just been born and I had spent a week there helping Kimberly out and arrived home just in time for Jordan and Ashley to be here to install a sprinkler system in the yard.  So, we had that going on all that weekend and the following weekend was Mother's Day so I would have to say I was not totally prepared and a little worn out even though I usually never admit or carry on that I might be tired. Ha!  Here are a few pictures of the sprinkler system going in (which has been sooooo wonderful this summer).  I wonder now why we waited so long to do this.  Also pictures of some great moms with their wonderful family.  I am so proud of all of them and the great job that they are doing.  May I say that I could not have asked for any more wonderful children than I have and my, my those grandchildren are the light of my life.  I cannot express how much I love them and miss them each day.



Putting in the sprinkler system:


Mother's Day 2012
5 Generations





All 5 of my little dumplings.  XOXO







Father's Day 2012

Kimberly wanted us to come to Midlothian for Father's Day since Reese didn't do very well traveling so we decided we would.  Father's Day and Donald's birthday all come the same time so we celebrated both while we were there.  Ashley was sick with the flu so they were unable to attend and we missed them and sorry they didn't get to celebrate with us and enjoy the good time that we had.  We all went out Friday night for dinner at Marinos's. Morgan could not wait to tell the waitress that it was her PaPaw's birthday so guess what????? He got to wear the sombrero that night.  Dinner was delicious and we had a great time.  We enjoyed swimming and the girls and guys  did the cooking and cleaning.  I just enjoyed playing with the grand kids and letting them do the work. Hum....it was nice but I still enjoy them coming "home" a few times a year.  We enjoyed Chinese food for lunch after church on Sunday.  Donald took Morgan to the Rangers game and Whitney and Jason got tickets and went along too.  Kim, Scott and I stayed home with Cooper, Kennedy and Reese and enjoyed a little more swim time while Scott kept Reese. Above are a few pictures from that weekend.  Thanks girls for having us, we really enjoyed it.


 Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day.  Thanks for being the great dad that you are and the husband that you are and especially the wonderful PaPaw that you are.  We love you!

1 comment:

Glenna said...

Be sure and continue on and read more after the sprinkler system pictures!